"This was a well written romantic comedy with a hint of mystery and enough kooky characters to keep you interested right from the beginning."
(complete review HERE.)
Snippets from 5-star reviews:
- "Bluebonnets for Elly by Sandra Nachlinger (co-author of 'I.O.U.Sex') is a sweet story and a testament to the belief that love will find you, wherever you may be hiding." - Irma Fritz
- "How can you not like a book that combines the sweet delectability of a Bluebonnets romance in a Mayberry setting with a twist-and-turn who-done-it mystery. Sandra Nachlinger captures you from the first moment with a story that is both suspenseful and romantic. Be prepared for a long and delightful afternoon or two of book reading as you will not want to put this wonderful romance down until you are finished!" - Mad About Books
- "This is a well-written story with intriguing characters that engaged me from the beginning. Another 'can't put it down' book from this wonderful author." - Peggy Strack
- "It was full of passion, hidden secrets, mystery and likable characters. It was a fast read from page one to the end." - Gigi Ann
- "Wonderful, tenderhearted romance." - Patricia Gordon
- "The love scenes are passionate, but tastefully written, and the author makes good use of sexy nuances." - Trish Jackson
I started writing BLUEBONNETS FOR ELLY during National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) with the goal of creating a love story. However, as I got into the plot and began to know my characters better, Elly's grandmother kept butting in. I finally had to let Granny have her say. The end result is a book that not only shows the romance between a man and a woman, but also the relationship between a grandmother and her granddaughter. I hope readers enjoy the interaction between these two women, as well as the sparks that fly between Elly and Derek.
And here's the synopsis:
When Elly moves to Shannon Ridge, Texas, she expects to fill her days helping her grandmother—doling out medications and running errands. Still smarting from her fiancé’s betrayal, the last thing she needs or wants is a man, especially a good lookin’ one. She’s been down that road before.
Derek White’s wife left him without a word, and he’s reluctant to get involved with another woman. But Granny Macauley’s granddaughter sure is tempting. He still doesn’t understand why Jeanette left him, so how can he explain that to Elly? And can he be sure he’s legally free?
Granny says some things come along only once and you have to grab them while you can. But when Derek’s past threatens and Elly’s ex-fiancé reappears, she must decide—give her former love a second chance or gamble on a man whose history may ruin everything.
eBook on Amazon: Kindle and other eReaders
Paperback on Amazon: Trade Paperback
Paperback on CreateSpace: Trade Paperback
For devices other than Kindle:
Click here to download Amazon's apps for devices other than Kindle: